As a Sr Staff Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Sr Staff Product Designer, CNN Digital Video Experience & Platforms, is a seasoned user experience designer with a growth mindset and a passion for building best-in-class video experiences for our users. They are someone who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, and who is excited to work with other product designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists in order to achieve success. They will be responsible for building and growing CNN Digital video experiences that help inform & engage our users.
• You will help drive the VXP product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and thrive in a highly collaborative workflow.
• You will advocate for new ideas with ability to execute both thoughtful UX and intuitive UI design.
• You think 10FT UI, OTT, Streaming, Video Playback experiences are your natural languages.
• You possess the ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level
of design fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
• You embody a user-first, team-first mentality, and are constantly collaborating on ways to create world-class product experiences.
• You have comfort and familiarity with digital transformation will be required.
• Oversee & execute on CNN's video product design efforts to create a compelling, valuable video-watching interface for our users across all platforms.
• Identify opportunities to leverage data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
• Employ user research, and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
• Create end-to-end customer journeys that inform new product features and provoke new businesses.
• Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company.
• Strive to provide a superior seamless product experience from daily improvements to longer-term strategies.
• A strong design portfolio showcasing work in user experience and video experience design.
12+ years related work experience leading digital experience at consumer-focused technology company is required.
• At least 4 years focused on building user-focused digital video experiences.
Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc. and prototyping tools to demonstrate the video & audio user experience is a must.
• Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross functional team members.
• Experience building world-class product experiences and streamlining workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Mastery and ability to guide on user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93529-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.