WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Software Engineer for CNN Politics. CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation news and information experiences online. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming - and the directions it goes next - directly in the hands of consumers. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. Our team has a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community.
• Help drive the architecture and implementation of our consumer experiences from a front-end perspective with some full-stack needs (roughly 80/20).
• Effectively communicate complicated software concepts and business value in a way your target audience will understand.
• Lead code & architecture reviews and champion best practices for the organization by defining and evolving engineering standards.
• Code! Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Experience with devops, contributing to CI/CD pipelines, and able to get products into production.
• Fail up, learn from research and experiments and ultimately choose the best solution to succeed the company objectives.
• Follow a progressive development methodology, moving from proofs of concept to prototypes to production releases.
• Participate in collaborative discussions with the product design and development team to select approaches and implementation details with an eye toward resiliency, agility, and simplicity.
• You are a strong team player with proven ability to work cross-functionally with humility and a sense of humor.
• Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver your product.
• Our deadlines are literally set in the US Constitution and in federal legislation. You've shown you can deliver against immovable dates while still maintaining work-life balance.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work.
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions.
• Significant industry experience with modern development technologies. Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
• A passion to grow professionally and continue developing along an individual contributor path.
What will set you apart from the crowd
• Knowledge of and personal interest in politics. You will be building software to tell the story of the 2022 midterm elections and beyond to a global audience of 100+ million people and passion for the subject matter helps.
• Experience working with government civics data like the US Census Bureau API, FRED API, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
• Active in the technology community.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro33b1-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.