Senior Product Manager
New York, NY
Content Platform (CMS) – Contribute to the greenfield build of editorial tools especially with a SaaS strategy, leverage advanced data usage and intelligence within a CMS to empower our writers and maximize the reach of their content across all consumption channels. Build an intuitive, flexible and smart responsive user interface.
• You are fluent in HTML5 and CSS3. You understand semantic markup. You can maintain tight CSS for complex layouts.
• You know what makes pages fast, blazing fast, or just average. You have an understanding of caching strategies and scalability best practices.
• You know your way around a couple databases, relational or non.
• You write clean, clear code that others can easily parse, maintain and enhance.
• You know how to choose the right technology for the job, and can spot when a framework will save you time, when it will get in the way, and when it isn't worth the trouble.
• You are comfortable talking about code, advocating for best practices, and facilitating inclusive and democratic technical discussions.
• 5+ years of experience working with other developers on a production system.
• You can work with HTTP Methods, and know PUT vs PATCH. You can fetch, request or XHR any resource, and you've debugged a CORS OPTION issue.
• Git is a regular tool for you.
• You've worked with Github and can rebase and merge with ease.
• You have experience with at least one Node.js framework in the following areas: Web Application (Hapi), Bundling (Webpack), Transpilers (Typescript), Unit Testing (Jest), Style compilation (PostCSS), Authentication (Passport.js)
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Knowledge and practice with other languages (like Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, Go, Erlang) - Experience with any of these infrastructures: Containerization / Docker, AWS, and Kubernetes, CI/CD (Jenkins, CodePipeline, Circle), ElasticSearch, CouchDB, Redis, Mongo.
• Active contributor to open source projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k955-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.