Digital Video Producer, Espanol
CNN Español is seeking an individual who is passionate about digital audience development, SEO, and journalism. Working from our Miami or Atlanta office, you will have the opportunity to work for the world-leader in global breaking news, delivering the stories that matter in a fast-paced but highly supportive environment. As a member of the Audience Development team, you will collaborate with CNN Español's editorial team to drive audience growth and increased engagement in the US and Latin America through our SEO efforts. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years' experience with growing SEO organically for news organizations, an analytical mind with the data skills to go with it. The candidate best fit for this role will have experience working cross-departmentally and will have the ability and willingness to speak up to push for results.
• Rapidly grow organic search referrals to CNN Español by leveraging knowledge of the news landscape and audience behaviors.
• Identify opportunities and provide story and topic coverage recommendations that will enable CNN Español to grow search audience and increase audience loyalty through breaking news stories and evergreen content.
• Identify keywords in CNN Español's stories and explain the value of selected keywords to editors and writers.
• Train editors and newsroom staff on how to optimize page titles, headlines, editorial links, and meta descriptions in news stories, features, and evergreen content.
• Work closely with the editorial team to establish systems and strategies to get more of their content in front of search audiences.
• Leverage knowledge of the Latin American news landscape to execute audience development plans that enable CNN Español to acquire desired target audience segments.
• Provide real-time analytics feedback to help provide the right content at the right time to the CNN Español audience.
• Identify scalable strategies, tactics, and channels for audience growth.
• Act as a liaison between content teams and audience development teams, bridging editorial with audience development and analytics.
• Monitor the site for technical SEO issues and indexing problems and work with developers to fix issues.
• Identify and document product requirements.
• Recommend and select SEO tools to help CNN Español newsroom grow their reach.
• Dive into data to measure and report on search performance.
• Prepare reports and share data insights and SEO guidelines with editorial teams.
• Develop and test hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses.
• Partner across multiple teams to coordinate and improve on CNN Español's audience development and SEO strategy, tying together editorial calendars, social calendars, business priorities, product launches and more.
• Develop workflow recommendations to include the data necessary to inform content and programming decisions in order to quickly move on opportunities that will grow CNN Español's search audience and increase their loyalty.
• Develop and champion improved processes for insight collection and dissemination across Audience Development, product and editorial teams.
• Support short-term content planning processes with editorial and programming teams.
• Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and verbal, required. Strong analytical skills.
• Data analytics and SQL or Python (basic or intermediate) knowledge are a plus.
• Experience in digital media publishing organizations preferred.
• A good understanding of the global news cycle, a strong interest in news and social media, and the ability to flourish in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
• A strong understanding of Google's news algorithm and the key factors that can impact visibility in news search results.
• Experience performing keyword research using Google Trends and other SEO platforms.
• Understanding of SEO best practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach, and the ability to use emotional intelligence.
• Experience with SEO and analytics tools such as (or similar to) Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console, SimilarWeb, SEMRush, Chartbeat, Google Analytics.
• Current knowledge of Search Engine Optimization topics by monitoring search industry websites, blogs and news sources.
• Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
• Project management experience managing workflow between different departments.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.