CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming-and the directions it goes next-directly in the hands of consumers.
This fast-paced communications team member will work collaboratively with the CNN Worldwide communications staff to support strategic and innovative communications campaigns and executive communications for the product and technology departments within CNN Digital. The role requires extensive organizational skills, a passion for technology and innovative storytelling, the ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly, digital-first thinking and a strong interest in communications.
The senior publicist will be responsible for supporting executive communications strategies across CNN's product and technology organizations, including CNN+, the network's new streaming subscription service. Work includes preparing written executive communications and presentations, planning and running community programs including internal and external engagements and extensive cross-cultural/department communication and coordinating executive public engagement events and logistics.
Candidates need to have a healthy interest in technology, digital media and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms. Experience in technical communications, writing for executives and data literacy is preferred.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying external opportunities and engagements to raise the visibility of CNN as a product-driven, technology company.
• Supporting executive communications strategies across CNN's product and technology organizations, including CNN+, the network's new streaming subscription service.
• Preparing written executive communications and presentations for the team and senior audiences.
• Writing technical memos, external think pieces and materials.
• Planning and running community programs, All Hands meetings and internal and external engagements including product demos.
• Creating, framing and proactively pitch story ideas to targeted media in trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio and online media.
• Servicing media requests and acting as a network source of information on talent, executives, programs, products and brands.
• Monitoring and conducting media and social outreach.
• Scheduling and covering executive interviews and appearances.
• Developing a deep knowledge of industry and trends.
• Generating innovative ideas to participate in brainstorming sessions.
Qualifications: 4-7 years of experience, preferably with a technology, media, or communications organization. A strong understanding of products and technology required. An ideal candidate would have existing relationships with press covering technology, digital media, business and/or TV. The position requires excellent judgment and strategic thinking, extreme organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, thriving in a faced-paced environment, creativity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. A deadline driven self-starter with a mature attitude and the ability to deal with pressured situations will excel. Demonstrated experience with platforms including CMS, Cision and WordPress is preferred. A four-year college degree required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk0zm-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.