CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
CNN is looking for a Senior Manager to join its Direct-to-Consumer Strategy and Operations team. This team drives the growth of CNN's Direct-to-Consumer business through the development and implementation of transformative strategies, with a focus on CNN+. The Senior Manager, Strategy and Development will help to develop and execute CNN's global direct to consumer strategy and development activities. This includes identifying, evaluating, and executing on activities that further CNN's strategic goals, including expanding growth through development. They will develop strategies for new product, revenue, partnership and distribution models, scope growth areas, and collaborate with product, technology, and other teams to bring these ideas to life.
• Develop strategies that prioritize our customers and drive business and revenue growth across the globe, craft strategic frameworks to evaluate opportunities, and analyze market intelligence and data to drive proposals
• Develop proposals and business models for new growth opportunities, products, and markets
• Understand and evaluate our competitive position in the context of changing market dynamics
• Identify and evaluate strategic deals and partnerships that drive strategy forward
• Support development of monetization, growth marketing and go to market plans
• 6+ years of experience
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives to successful completion
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into action.
• Management consulting experience (preferred), or strategy / business planning
• Subject matter expertise (media, content, technology) preferred but not required.
• Creative problem solver that can proactively identify problems, pull together data and people to identify causes and develop solutions
• Ability to facilitate and communicate cross-functionally to ensure consistent development and execution of strategies, including strong presentation skills
• High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to create the right solutions and approaches for each situation.
• Passion for bringing out the best in those around you and facilitating the success of others.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv9pw-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.