Senior Editor, NBA
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, Product Analytics (Emerging Products) - CNN
We are seeking a Sr Manager to join our Product Analytics team. This individual will be fully 'embedded' into our cross-functional Emerging Platform product team, playing a vital integrator role among multiple CNN teams. They will empower the Emerging Platform team members with the tools and insights they need to ensure product-market fit and grow active users. Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
• Measurement Framework. Lead the definition, implementation, and adoption of product metrics and self-serve analytics tools.
• Exploratory Analysis. Perform user data exploration and modeling to establish causal links between product behaviors and long-term user engagement and retention.
• Insights Experiments. Design and interpret statistical experiments that validate positive user behavior with new or existing product features.
This is a collaborative role. You'll work to accomplish objectives with cross-functional teams and peers, including product managers, revenue, content and design strategists, engineering, consumer science, and research. You'll lead through influence to challenge assumptions in favor of building and maturing a data-driven, insightful culture that has the insights it needs to make informed decisions fast and deliver impactful experiences.
Responsibilities of this role include:
• Serve as central point-of-contact for product analytics on the Emerging Platform team, connecting product, design, engineering, consumer science, and research teams
• Develop metrics for web and mobile app KPI tracking, including the definition of new user events required for monitoring and instrumentation
• Conduct detailed analyses such as identifying user cohorts and feature driver analysis to create tangible insights that inform product strategy and plans.
• Effectively form and communicate product recommendations based on user data analysis to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Operationalize access to data, dashboards, and critical insights - and conduct training to empower teams to self-serve the data and dashboards they need.
• Build proactive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams in the company so you understand the relevant questions and needs of the business and use that to advise your analysis
• Manage and evangelize the design, execution, and analysis of A/B/N testing programs and the use of different statistical methods and best practices
• Partner with data platform and engineering team to continually interrogate the tools, methods, and processes supporting analysis to optimize the cost and function of our tech stack
Desired Experience & Characteristics:
• 8+ years' experience working on or with cross-functional product teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 5+ years of data analyst or data science experience, including strong statistical and data modeling skills (examples: SQL, R, Python), hands-on analysis, and data wrangling from complex data sets
• 3+ years' experience implementing and supporting self-serve product analytics and visualization tools (examples: MixPanel, Amplitude, Looker, etc.)
• Strong domain knowledge of interrogating the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to partner with Product Leaders (to form questions and design supporting analysis)
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data, organize findings, and translate into actionable insights
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, or engineering a plus