Freelance Senior Graphic Designer, CNN FlashDocs (Temporary)
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Freelance Senior Graphic Designer, CNN FlashDocs
WarnerMedia seeks a Freelance Senior Graphic Designer for the CNN FlashDocs unit. The Freelance Senior Graphic Designer provides art direction, brand stewardship, and hands on design and animation for our video and broadcast based projects. They develop and implement visual identities and animated storytelling across our slate of programming. FlashDocs will create content for linear with the opportunity to expand into additional platforms across CNN. This is an ambitious and exciting unit that requires strong leaders and creative storytellers who have experience producing feature content with a sharp focus on popular culture. The Freelance Senior Graphic Designer maintains high visual standards, and a strong attention to detail, client, audience, story, and context. Assigned to oversee strategic, complex projects, bringing new ideas, and challenging our approaches.
• Design and build show identities and graphics packages, from show opens, transitions, and backgrounds.
• Responsible for the day-to-day look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling, communicating the vision set out by the Creative Director to the broader set of editorial partners within the organization.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong design sensibility, experience in a deadline driven environment, technical skills with digital graphics and animations and the ability to handle larger and more complex projects.
• A proven track-record of communicating a creative vision to multiple stakeholders and disciplines is a must.
• Must have sound editorial news judgment, an awareness of current business and industry trends, the ability to produce broadcast quality graphics and interactives quickly and efficiently, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.5-7 years of experience creating and developing graphics.
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Candidates living in the tri-state area/are able to travel into the office a minimum of 3 days per week are preferred
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g30ow5-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.