Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Data Science this role will help to develop the predictive insights and prescriptive capabilities behind CNN's emerging products, transforming first- and third- party data into quantitative findings, visualizations, and automation. Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
• Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in user engagement and activation, funnel optimization, and retention.
• Statistical- and Machine Learning capabilities. Design and implement end-to-end models that predict user behavior and prescribe business actions using Python, R, and/or Spark. Preference will be given to candidates with experience with building time series-based solutions.
• Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• Automated solutioning. Transform ad hoc requests for predictive and prescriptive insights into prototype data products, ushering 'light' orchestration and monitoring through production-quality builds in collaboration with ML- and data engineers.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You'll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
• Partner closely with various business and analytics teams, serving as a product data science expert with an eye toward revenue and growth.
• Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations.
• Design and build reports that clearly communicate quantitative analyses.
• Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data.
• Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new data products
• Excellent understanding of applied statistics and machine learning algorithms, including methodologies for regressions, classification, clustering, and causality.
• 5+ years' experience building data science driven solutions to solve business problems, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations.
• 3+ years of data science experience querying databases (SQL) and leveraging a scripting language (Python, R, or Scala) to analyze data within a cloud environment.
• Experience with standard data science orchestration and automation (Airflow, DBT, lambda), and the ability to prototype solutions before transferring to engineering teams for final build approval.
• Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis.
• A quick learner who can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb79ze-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.