WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Data Engineer for the CNN NewsCo department. As a Data Engineer on the CNN Data Intelligence team, you will be responsible for creating and working with data systems that move data into and out of storage, transforming it to enable people and machines to do work in a streamlined, stable and performant manner.
This data will be both historical and of a real-time nature. You will also be responsible for managing data contracts between stakeholders and ensuring proper standards and models are followed along the way.
Once the data is collected and transformed you will be responsible for moving that data into one-to-many data warehouses in a fast and stable manner.
• Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements.
• Help shape the growth of transformative in-house big data resources and capabilities.
• Build and implement the infrastructure required to process high volume data at near real time in cloud environments utilizing Infrastructure as Code in terraform.
• Drive design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets.
Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, load, and transform data from a wide variety of sources.
• Train users on data capabilities and best practices.
• 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering / Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles working in high traffic, fault tolerant, and highly available environments.
• Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi etc. Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets in cloud environments.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
• Experience with Streaming platforms like Kafka or Kinesis.
• Experience with some of the following languages TypeScript, Python, Scala or a similar programming language.
• Solid working knowledge transforming data in SQL.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkykk-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.