Create is the branded content studio for CNN International. We tell authentic stories that inspire and engage our audience. Through a data-informed process we deliver award-winning, relevant content to our audience of influential decision makers. At the heart of telling great stories are our producers.
The Senior Creative Producer/Director will work as part of the Brand Studio team, taking a content strategy and bringing it to life. They will identify and deliver brilliant stories for branded content campaigns across CNN and social platforms. Working closely with Content Strategists, Project Managers, Editors, Production Companies and relevant discipline leads in the CNNIC Create Brand Studio to deliver on campaign requirements.
The Senior Creative Producer/Director will action the campaign strategy informed by our Strategy and Audiences and Data teams. Find, secure & direct talent, arranging productions and delivering video and digital assets for multiple distribution platforms.
Managing, inspiring and bringing full time and freelance resources together in a productive manner to deliver multiple projects will be a key part of this role.
What will you be doing?
• Plan, prioritize and successfully manage both yours and additional producers workload across multiple projects. Support the Creative Production Lead to ensure all stages of content production and deliverables are delivered to schedule and quality standards within agreed budgets
• Serve as the main point of contact for Clients and Sales Teams across multiple projects on all aspects of Creative Production matters setting the framework for how we engage with them
• Work with Content Strategists and Creative Production Lead to generate concepts and campaign support materials including but not limited to scripts, mood/storyboards and creative rationales and with Project and Production Managers to define timelines/budgets for campaign productions, manage budgets and maintain communications with all internal stakeholders as to progress/updates
• Advise on, source and support the effective resourcing of appropriate vendors, individual freelancers and footage/visual assets to fulfil production of required video campaign assets
• Produce and direct live action productions internationally to Create internal production guidelines
• Manage various stakeholders and support the fulfilment of milestones across the creative production process. Oversee and create, where necessary, the creative elements of the campaign from confirmation, through briefing/ guidance of creative resources and talent to the timely delivery of high standard campaign assets and multi-platform creative solutions, that adhere to brand and legal guidelines, working with Content Strategists to ensure assets are optimised and campaign KPIs are met
• Work with Content Strategists to develop written and visual articulation of creative based on agreed content strategy for pitch proposals
• Attend any client meetings or conference calls together with Ad-sales colleagues as requested by Creative production Lead
• Support the development and progression of team members in line with the aims of the team as set by the Creative Production Lead
• Both their individual, and also assigned producers, delivery of agreed assets to the required creative, legal and brand standards within the agreed budget for those assets. The relative success of any internal operational initiatives assigned to them
• 8-10 years experience writing/producing/directing live action international location productions within creative/production department either within a Global Media Company, Brand Studio or multi discipline creative/production agency
• Ability to, and experience of, managing other producers across multiple projects.
• Ability to understand and execute production based on a data informed decision making process.
• Broad knowledge and experience in the Branded Content advertising and publishing landscapes
• Possesses an editorial and commercial mindset and has a strong knowledge of the creative production process as a whole.
• Experience in high quality visual and written storytelling across multiple platforms including linear, digital and social for global brands and clients
• Experience managing internal and external stakeholders
• Fluent in English
• Broad knowledge of, and ability to persistently keep up to date on, traditional and emerging media platforms, production techniques, tech and workflows
• Broad knowledge and experience in live action direction and interview of non-actors
• Ability to Mentor and progress team members
• General knowledge of visual design
• Experience in stills photography and lighting
• Above average skills in contract negotiation
• General knowledge of Adobe Creative Platforms and other production applications
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1j6om-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.