Product Designer, Audio
New York, NY
As a Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news audience across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital video experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
As the Product Designer, Commerce, you have the opportunity to help shape the user experience through executing against the brand and marketing strategy of CNN Underscored reader experience as well as the platform capabilities.
You'll support and help the team to execute on all phases of the design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
You'll create marketing design, initiate visual design discovery, and help inform the user experience.
You'll assist the development of the CNN Underscored branding guidelines and design strategy.
You'll collaborate with senior members on a cross-functional team made of product managers, product designers, engineers and editorial partners to create a compelling experience for the Underscored users.
You love trying out new products, and design solutions.
• Participate in ideation sessions, and generate innovative concepts.
• Advocating for strong human-centered design best practices.
• Conceptualize, design and execute marketing campaigns in coordination with product, editorial, and cross-functional teams to raise awareness of the CNN Underscored brand globally.
• Collaborate on a wide range of projects, including visual design, illustrations and iconography for marketing materials and editorial content.
• Support design advertisements for CNN Underscored on existing and emerging platforms.
• Create high-quality work that interests our readers and reinforces the CNN Underscored brand.
• Ideate and prototype smaller-scale product marketing experiments.
• Develop artwork for events, exhibitions and internal promotional materials.
• Strong design portfolio.
• 0-2 years professional experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or a related field preferred.
• Understanding of visual design elements including typography, layout, and visual hierarchy.
• Familiarity design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, and Sketch.
• Comfortable in a fast-moving collaborative organization.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.