Senior OTT Software Engineer
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Product Analyst (Product Manager II) for the CNN department. Reporting to the VP, Product Analytics, this role will help to develop the actionable insights behind CNN's emerging product strategy, transforming first- and third- party data into quantitative findings, dashboards, and visualizations. Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
• Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in user engagement and activation, funnel optimization, and retention.
• Reporting/Dashboard Development. Develop, maintain, and continuously improve product dashboards, with an eye toward the end business-user and their decision-making needs.
• Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You'll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
• Leads product management activities and influences product strategy and planning decisions for strategic and complex products.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to assist other product managers in the resolution of complex problems.
• Makes recommendations on increased or decreased investment levels in product based on metrics and overall market potential.
• Responsible for performance and achieving goals for a strategic product area.
• Partner closely with and serve as a data and analytics expert for emerging and existing products
• Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations
• Design and build reports and/or dashboards that clearly communicate quantitative analyses of consumption patterns and content relationships
• Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data
• Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new data products
• 8+ years' experience working on or with cross-functional analytics teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 5+ years of data analyst or data science experience querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) to analyze data, and/or using BI tools to deliver repeatable insights
• Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability, and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmq7e-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.