WarnerMedia is hiring a Producer for the CNN Audio Development team. The Producer of Development, Original Series will work with the development unit's executive producer, senior producer, associate producer, production assistant and production manager to create, develop and pilot new original podcasts for CNN. The Development Producer will work closely with external studios CNN partners with to make audio, manage incoming pitches and podcast proposals, as well as ensure all content meets CNN standards. If needed, the Development Producer will assist in the production of existing podcasts being made by our in-house audio team.
• Work with CNN's new audio development team to identify future weekly and limited-run narrative and talk podcasts that CNN should make.
• Manage and review incoming podcast pitches.
• Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
• Once a pitch has been greenlit, work with producers, editors, reporters, hosts, sound designers and engineers to make pilot episodes for narrative and talk podcasts.
• If CNN is working on a new podcast with an external production studio, help manage production, post-production and program distribution.
• Conduct pre-interviews, research, book guests and prep hosts as needed.
• Write, edit and fact-check show scripts on paper as needed.
• Coach and track hosts.
• Listen to all rough mixes and pilots, and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
• Ensure podcasts are being made on schedule via production calendar.
• Write online and promotional content for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Edit audio interviews, and mix and score sessions in ProTools as needed.
• Record host and guest interviews remotely and gather sound as needed.
• Coordinate with CNN audio production team to ensure smooth handoff between development and production.
• Develop relationships throughout CNN and WarnerMedia with key stakeholders and divisions.
• Ensure all original new podcasts and acquisitions meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
• You must have prior audio experience, a passion for building something from the ground up, be a news, politics and culture junkie, and have a deep understanding of the audio industry.
• 5+ years of editorial experience in an audio-first news environment, preferably in developing and producing reported narrative and talk podcasts.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Strong communication skills, highly organized, creative problem solver, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Ability to work on a number of podcasts and audio projects at the same time.
• Ability to collaborate with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities.
• Strong understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
• Comfortable giving and taking feedback as necessary.
• High level of professionalism at all times.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Excited about being part of a new development unit at CNN Audio.
• The strongest candidates will also have: a deep familiarity with CNN and our current podcast catalogue; the ability to speak multiple languages; a passion for great audio storytelling; be open to experimentation within the form.
• Cover letter a plus! Please upload a cover letter and resume that includes a memorable podcast episode, links to podcasts you've worked on, and the role you played in making those podcasts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqn50-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.