Director, Mobile Engineering - Digital
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Principal Software Engineer, Business for the CNN Department.
• Lead the architecture and implementation of critical backend, build, and distribution systems with a focus on integrations, APIs, and automation.
• Lead code & architecture reviews and champion best practices for the organization by defining and evolving engineering standards.
• Stay abreast with industry trends and announcements. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
• Code! Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Fail up, learn from research and experiments and ultimately choose the best solution to succeed the company objectives.
• Follow a progressive development methodology, moving from proofs of concept to prototypes to production releases.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field, and/or 15+ years of relevant experience.
• Proven record of driving initiatives which involve changes in the engineering culture through evangelism and structured processes.
• Ability to review company goals and lead towards success, through discussion with engineering peers, proposals, and ultimately breaking down the solution into meaningful tasks to execute or delegate to the team.
• Expert level working with modern engineering technologies such as Fastly, AWS, Serverless/SAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, Snowflake and Git.
• Deep industry experience with modern development technologies, and hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology. Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
• A passion to grow professionally and continue developing along an individual contributor path.
What will set you apart from the crowd:
• Experience with strategies to monitor code health, infrastructure health and performance of applications.
• Experience working with data representing financial markets, macroeconomics, political events/elections, and similar news oriented data.
• Experience working on Kanban/Scrum teams and the tools used for project management.
• Active in the technology community.
• Experience with interviewing and talent acquisition.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z8je-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.