Senior Product Manager
We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
As a Principal Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading experiences enjoyed by millions of news audiences across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight. The Principal Product Designer, CNN Digital Video Experience & Platforms, is an experienced product design lead who collaborates with designers, product managers, developers, researchers, content strategists, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital VXP product experiences that help inform and engage our users.
• Lead collaborative workshops, adopt best practices for the product design team, and mentor fellow designers.
• You will set the VXP product design vision, advocate for our users with a strong sense of user empathy, awareness at scale, and establish a highly collaborative workflow.
• You will advocate for new ideas with the ability to execute UX and intuitive UI design.
• Consistently calibrate the user experience by leveraging data and prototypes to support user needs and business rationale.
• Employ user research and analytics data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them, and identify pain points.
• Ability to create multiple concepts and understand when to deploy the right level of design fidelity for the appropriate user validation approach.
• Steer the holistic view of the product suite through customer and technical integration points to provide a superior product experience.
• 8+ years related work experience leading digital experience at a consumer-focused technology company is required.
• Mastery of UX software such as Sketch, Figma, etc. and prototyping tools required Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Comfort and familiarity with digital transformation required.
• 10FT UI, OTT, Streaming, Video Playback experiences are your natural languages.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross-functional team members.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills in order to lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Mastery of user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth.