Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
As a Principal Product Designer, you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight.
The Principal Product Designer, is an experienced user experience designer who collaborates with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, editors, and data scientists to build and grow CNN Digital product experiences that inform & engage our users, and impact CNN's bottom line. This role is focused on building experiences for expanding CNN's reach, engaging our most loyal and engaged users.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will be responsible for creating compelling approaches to presenting breaking news stories and ''connecting the dots'' for readers beyond the initial phases of the news cycle, driving engagement by creating more relevant and valuable experiences across the CNN digital ecosystem.
• Oversees & executes across all phases of the design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
• Leads multiple large-scale highly strategic projects that are deemed business critical.
• Develops and implements innovative team practices that drive change and identify new opportunities for value creation.
• Acts as a thought leader among the department, providing a clear vision for the future of design and demonstrates ability to implement forward thinking design. Builds relationships & collaborates with internal stakeholder leads (Product Management, Engineering etc) to ensure consistency with broader Product goals and company objective.
• Demonstrates strong understanding & implementation of internal design process.
• Leads team in framing and providing thoughtful solutions to complex design problems.
• Demonstrates influence across all levels of the organization, mentoring other Individual Contributors and leaders.
• Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on identifying and meaningfully solving true user problems.
• 15+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer.
• Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
• Prototyping skills a plus.
• Foundational understanding HTML and CSS.
• Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross functional team members.
• Experience building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8z3e-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.