Podcast Distribution & Marketing Manager
New York, NY
CNN Audio launched in January 2020, and is home to a rapidly growing portfolio of popular podcasts, including The Axe Files, Politically Sound, and Silence is Not an Option. We're a small team that takes the marriage of content, product, and audience strategy seriously. Our work is informed by data, and we gather listener feedback at every stage of development. We use that research to work iteratively with producers on the development of new shows and products.
In this role, you will help lead the development and execution of creative, measurable, and impactful strategies that engage listeners of CNN's audio products. We are looking for a self-starter who will identify innovative opportunities to grow our listenership. You must be passionate about audio and an advocate for our listeners.
• Work cross-functionally to plan and execute audience growth and acquisition strategies for CNN podcasts across broadcast, web, and social media platforms.
• Build a social media voice and strategy for the CNN Audio portfolio of shows.
• Use analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of your efforts and work with the Research team to identify new trends and make recommendations.
• Determine and set KPIs for our success, then measure and iterate.
• Manage the development of new and existing products.
• Manage the agile delivery process.
• Represent content strategy during sprint planning, manage feature prioritization, and identify delivery dependencies.
• Convert product roadmap into discrete requirements that can be used in delivery process.
• Communicate status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to next level manager and all partner teams as needed.
• An ideal candidate will have: 6 + years of experience building consumer-facing, multi-platform, multi-media digital products.
• Experience growing an audience for digital or audio.
• Experience defining and prioritizing audiences strategies.
• Working knowledge of common web/social platforms and technologies.
• A strong writing voice and ability to self-edit.
• A love for audio and working knowledge of the podcast industry.
• An enthusiasm for experimenting with new marketing tactics.
• The following skills are welcome in a candidate, but not required: A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and basic photo/video editing.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.