Broadcast & IT Support Engineer
A CNN Tech Ops Manager is responsible for the business area as assigned and partnering with business customers to meet programming and production needs, including facilities management, technology management and staff management. Managers are required to remain current in their respective network areas of responsibility as well as having ''broad-knowledge'' enough to cover other technical Managers. Managers are also responsible for leading a staff team and directly managing a supervisor and functional area to meet needs of business and programming requirements, working closely to schedule, troubleshoot, and provide performance feedback for the assigned network staff. Managers are on call 24x7 for emergencies and staff coverage. Travel on remotes as necessary.
• Managing facilities, scheduled staff, and technology to support the assigned network. Respond to daily programming and production needs of the network and partner with clients to support requirements.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Tech Ops Mgmt. team to ensure technical facilities are operational and follow-up on production issues and maintain quality control. Use discrepancy data to identify areas for improvement and support networks data entry processes.
• Oversee technical area of supervision managing and scheduling Tech. Ops. staff to meet programming and production needs. Daily supervision of staff & networking assigned, including performance development and management, training, vacation and sick call coverage.
• Overall management of the entire functional area including supervisor and staff Partner with other managers to develop and implement best practices across newsgroup networks.
• Strategic technical and workflow projects (Studio and Control room rebuilds, changes in technology, show launches, etc. Equipment installation and maintenance).
• Ensure the supporting network is ready and prepared for BCP initiatives and backup procedures for control rooms and areas of expertise.
You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time. Knowledge of control room and studio systems is required. Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team. Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
• 3-5 years management experience or comparable leadership experience
• Significant industry experience in a live news environment
• Fluent in Windows-based applications
• Significant experience in a technical position at CNN
• Familiar with all aspects of live TV, pre and post-production Project Management experience
• Experience in a technical position (video/audio)
• Four-year degree from accredited university
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm83m-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.