New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Program & Content Strategy for the CNN department.
Working closely with the Director of Program & Content Strategy, this position is responsible for executing the programming rollouts for CNN and HLN television networks. The role helps to shape CNN content plans, seamlessly blending its unique combination of live news, big-scale special events, original non-fiction series, and documentary films. The role also supports HLN as a growing leader in the non-fiction true crime space by optimizing its burgeoning inventory of original series and documentary events. Responsible for managing the daily aspects of on-air programming and schedule communications, the position also engages in larger projects to enhance content strategy across all platforms while working in a 24x7 breaking news environment across the world's leading news brand.
This role works in a 24x7 breaking news environment and requires some level of responsiveness outside of core working hours.
Manages the scheduling processes for CNN & HLN networks and ensures accurate communication of programming plans around the organization – this includes liaising with Master Control, News Operations, Sales, and others. Also, coordinates across sister networks, CNN International and CNN Español, to communicate simulcast details and facilitate content sharing.
Assists in the creation of schedules and rollout plans for CNN and HLN programs. Collaborates with Research teams to analyze performance and uses the data to pitch schedule plans that best optimize content. Responsible for tracking inventory and confirming rights availability with Business Affairs & Legal groups. Also works with Production and Commercial Operations teams to ensure accurate delivery and formatting.
Operates as a leader with junior team members on special projects, including initiatives surrounding tentpole news events. Manages the tracking of competitive programs, anniversaries, and current events in order to optimize scheduling pegs for stunts and other special programming. Also analyzes industry trends to aid in group awareness of non-linear and emerging platforms.
Develops efficiencies to better enhance scheduling processes, competitive tracking, and metadata optimization across all CNN platforms. Contributes to launch efforts for the newly announced CNN+ subscription service and facilitates the ongoing scheduling of content within the platform.
• Bachelor's degree in media, communications and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in television program planning, production/operations, and/or research, ideally at a television network or related platform that requires program scheduling
• Experience leading a team on a collaborative process, whether directly or indirectly
• Strong project management, analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Passion for and understanding of news media and current events
• Familiarity with television research and general industry knowledge a must
• Quick learner around new software/systems with advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
• Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and efficiently meet deadlines
Location may be flexible. All are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek707-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.