CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building the trusted new digital products, platforms, and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming-and the directions it goes next-directly in the hands of consumers.
This fast-paced communications team member will work collaboratively with the CNN Worldwide communications staff to support strategic and innovative communications campaigns for CNN+, the network's new streaming subscription service. The role requires extensive organizational skills, a passion for the media and storytelling, the ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly, digital-first thinking, out-of-the-box ideas and a strong interest in communications.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for implementing strategic and innovative publicity campaigns for CNN+, the network's new streaming subscription service, including programming, talent and the brand itself. Work includes having a firm grasp and deep interest in the media landscape through daily media and social media outreach and monitoring, cross-cultural/department communication and coordinating talent and executive public engagement events and logistics. The manager is expected to have their finger on the pulse of the media landscape to best inform, support and manage the team.
Candidates need to have a healthy interest in the news, digital media and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms.
What will you be doing?
• Managing execution of a holistic communications strategy to promote programming, talent and executives involved with CNN+.
• Identifying opportunities; create, frame and proactively pitch story ideas to targeted media in trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio and online media.
• Managing a communications team supporting these efforts, while working collaboratively with functional partners.
• Servicing media requests and acting as a source of information on the product, programming, talent and executives.
• Running projects including status reports, media monitoring, coordination of press materials, portfolio of speaking engagements.
• Monitoring and conducting media and social outreach.
• Developing and maintaining media lists and relationships with press.
• Scheduling and covering talent interviews and appearances.
• Developing a deep knowledge of industry and trends.
• Generating innovative ideas to participate in brainstorming sessions.
Qualifications: 7-10 years of experience, preferably with a media, technology, or communications organization. A strong understanding of content, programming and personality preferred. An ideal candidate would have existing relationships with press covering digital media, TV, business and/or technology. The position requires excellent judgment and strategic thinking, extreme organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, thriving in a faced-paced environment, creativity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience managing a team or staff is a plus. A deadline driven self-starter with a mature attitude and the ability to deal with pressured situations will excel. Demonstrated experience with platforms including Tweet Deck, CMS, Cision and WordPress is preferred. A four-year college degree required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro37zp-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.