Integrated Marketing Associate
WarnerMedia seeks a Jr Publicist for the News CNN PR department.
This fast-paced communications team member will work collaboratively with the CNN Worldwide communications staff.
The role requires extensive organizational skills, a passion for the media, the ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly, out-of-the-box ideas and a strong interest in communications.
The junior publicist will be responsible for implementing strategic and innovative publicity campaigns. Work includes having a firm grasp and deep interest in daily media and social media engagement and monitoring, cross-cultural/department communication and coordinating talent and executive public engagement events and logistics.
The junior publicist is expected to have their finger on the pulse of the media landscape to best inform and support the team.
Candidates need to have a healthy interest in the news and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms.
• Supporting creative campaign strategies and pitches, network talent, partnerships and business initiatives and executives.
• Identifying opportunities; create, frame and proactively pitch story ideas to targeted media in trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio and online media.
• Servicing media requests and acting as a network source of information on talent, executives, programs, products and brands.
• Managing projects including status reports, media monitoring, coordination of press materials, portfolio of speaking engagements.
• Monitoring and conducting media outreach. Developing and maintaining media lists and relationships with press.
• Scheduling and covering talent interviews and appearances.Developing a deep knowledge of industry and trends.
• Performing administrative responsibilities to support the team including assisting with travel arrangements and itineraries, organizing documents, filing expense reports.
• Generating innovative ideas to participate in brainstorming sessions.
• 1-4 years of experience, preferably with a media, PR organization.
• A strong understanding of editorial, personality and product preferred.
• An ideal candidate would have existing relationships with press covering TV, business and/or technology.
• The position requires excellent judgment and strategic thinking, extreme organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, thriving in a faced-paced environment, creativity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A deadline driven self-starter with a mature attitude and the ability to deal with pressured situations will excel.
• Demonstrated experience with platforms including TweetDeck, CMS, Cision and Wordpress is preferred.
• A four-year college degree required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx38p1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.