Product Designer, Audio
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Jr. Ad Developer/Designer for the Courageous department.
WarnerMedia's Brand Studio, Courageous Studios, leads the production of cross-platform branded content for advertisers of CNN and HLN. Courageous is a world-class production department based in New York City. It is a highly successful business that experienced exponential growth in 2019 with output of over 500 short and long-form films, multiple high-scale experiential/event executions (a fast-growing area) and numerous other digital assets such as interactives, quizzes, photo essays, infographics, podcasts, and more.
The Junior Web Developer / Ad Designer at Courageous will join a thriving operation, liaising with many individuals and teams within the WarnerMedia Ad Sales organization, including sales and marketing, as well as a Who's Who of blue-chip brand clients and agency partners. Courageous produces bold and relevant work of real interest to the CNN audience; a network available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories, spanning TV, Web, OTT, Social Media, Mobile and Smart Devices. There is more growth to come for Courageous in 2021 and beyond as we continue to develop ground-breaking, revenue-driving, branded content campaigns.
The Junior Web Developer / Ad Designer will play a critical role helping to build out a best-in-class custom content and ad products. This person will have an immense opportunity to help define and build industry leading ad products and branded content experiences that will be distributed on an unparalleled scale. The work we do is inspiring, fast, cool and creative. This role reports into the Director of Design and Development and will be part of a team that includes writers, designers, motion graphics and senior and junior developers.
• Front-end developer/designer who will design, develop, and program digital ad products in the Celtra Platform using client-provided assets (BYOC). We will provide training in our process and how we structure our working environment.
• Develop and design digital interactive rich media ad products based on original concepts and ideas. Provide technical solutions to design problems.
• This person must be able to learn new frameworks and development processes quickly, work independently, trouble-shoot and be adaptable, as well as provide daily estimates of the level of effort required, meet deadlines and frequently manage expectations with internal teams.
• The ideal person has a desire to bring their ideas to the table, explore new things and likes to work as part of a team.
• Communicate your work and process. You must work well with cross functional teams – Ad trafficking, Account Services and platform development teams. Communication is central to our workflow and process.
• Partake in and contribute to daily meetings with the Director of Design and Development, Design Producer and Project Manager and broader Design team.
• Deliver daily with a client-focused attitude and a confident, enthusiastic, diplomatic approach – providing valuable solutions for brand clients, complex programs and high-profile WarnerMedia initiatives.
• 1-2+ years of experience working in digital ad development, ideally within an agency or in-house creative department at a brand or publisher.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of:
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
• Knowledge of or comfort with NodeJS
• Demonstrated experience managing and delivering projects on time and within budget
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, extreme attention to detail, and ability to work with limited direction.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced, high-productivity environment with a can-do approach
• Experience with Asana, BaseCamp, and/or TeanGantt a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7x03-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.