WarnerMedia seeks a Head of Strategic Finance, CNN+ for the News Executive Finance department.
The Head of Strategic Finance CNN+ will be looked to as a key contributor to the healthy growth and strategic development of the organization. This role will be a critical business partner for the CNN+ senior management team helping support the ongoing evolution, growth and development of the business.
This role will serve as a financial advisor and actively contribute to shaping the direction of the DTC organization by having an in-depth understanding of business strategies, industry, economic, and technological factors affecting the division.
Partner with operations, product and growth marketing teams to create and sustain a detailed driver-based model for CNN+
• Work with CNN+ product and marketing teams to create a driver-based model during yearly planning to help inform team goals
• Work with team leads to cascade KPIs i.e. net adds, conversion rates, churn
• Partner with Product and Marketing on quarterly business reviews to evaluate progress across the business
• Run weekly performance reviews bringing together cross functional teams to examine performance drivers and develop insights and recommendations to enhance results
Promote processes that nurture performance
• Partner with business leaders to create a company-wide approach to developing and measuring business results that establishes key performance metrics against market benchmarks and helps motivate cross-functional teams to achieve strategic priorities
• Work with product and growth teams to identify efficiencies and opportunities in pricing, yield, subscriber growth and partnerships that can enhance performance
• Develop and execute accountability frameworks and interaction models to monitor and drive success
• Support reporting and presentation of takeaways with executives
• Partner with the business leaders to ensure that our investments align with overall performance and team structure
• Partner with other senior members of financial management to prepare and present integrated and cohesive budgets and long-term plans.
Collaborate with relevant partners (including News & Sports, HBO Max, and WarnerMedia) to drive optimization of CNN+ portfolio
• Act as a central conduit between finance, data, strategy, and marketing in driving the subscription strategy within the broader business
• Develop solid relationships with operational decision makers in order to understand the priorities of both the division and the Company
• Partner with other News and Sports Finance teammates to plan, budget and forecast CNN Worldwide resources in support of CNN+
• Responsible for leading a building and leading a team.
• Lead/coach staff in the development of personal goals.
• Develop and manage growth opportunities for all staff that align with career paths.
• Adapt staffing structure (including structural modifications as necessary) to serve clients in a timely and efficient manner.
• Continuously provide guidance and communicate expectations.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, related field, or bachelor's degree in any field combined with an MBA
• MBA or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or related field highly preferred
• 15+ years professional experience with 1) extensive budgeting/forecasting, personnel analysis, and financial modeling experience and 2) experience in technology or digital industries
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic leadership ability, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills with a mindset to develop a team and drive results and be collaborative across functions and across WarnerMedia.
• Experience with process improvement and project management
• Strong executive presence with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various finance and non-finance stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo341-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.