See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Editorial Coordinator will support the editorial efforts for CNN Digital's reviews and recommendations site, CNN Underscored.
In this role, the Editorial Coordinator will be responsible for programming content into the CMS, writing and publishing article content, curating and building newsletters and supporting the programming editor. This position will also provide administrative support to CNN Underscored's Editorial Director.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong storyteller who is passionate about shopping content and comfortable multitasking.
• Program content from our freelance network into the CMS and become an expert at making articles as engaging as possible.
• Optimize and update existing article content, such as replacing products in content that are out of stock, ensuring that all links are tracking properly and that product listings are accurate and up to date.
• Apply SEO learnings to all content programmed in the CMS.
• Conduct photo research, find engaging images and crop photos for articles.
• Support programming efforts across site and email.
• Write articles for the CNN Underscored website as needed.
• Provide periodic, ongoing administrative support to the editorial director.
• Experiment each day to boost readership and conversion rates.
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Design or related field.
• Internship experience, preferably in editorial, business, or marketing fields.
• Experience creating content/assets for a digital publisher, blog, website or newspaper (must be able to provide 1-3 published work samples as part of the application).
• Experience with buying guides and/or product reviews is a plus.
• Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
• Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals.
• Operates within the context of defined procedures.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
• Flawless grammar & spelling.
• Must excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, and comfortable using content management systems.
• Previous experience using tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Must possess strong creative writing skills and strong analytic skills.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roemx6-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.