CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
The Technical Director is responsible for switching live and taped broadcasts. The Technical Director is also in charge of the crew while on-shift and is expected to oversee each crew members performance. They must be able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to Directors, Management and Engineering regarding all technical areas. Apply creative, contributive, technical and quality control skills to provide effective and efficient service.
• Switch a fast-paced live news broadcast, pre-production and taped programs.
• Responsible for receiving instructions from Director to call up Cameras, Remotes, Graphics, Tapes, Still images and various other sources.
• Route various sources/images to monitors in the each studio.
• Occasionally direct short interviews or other tapings.
• Must be able to take direction and make independent decisions regarding what elements to have available for air.
• Build all visual effects using production switcher.
• Catalog and organize built effects for easy recall by other TD's.
• Perform general operator level maintenance as required to maintain efficient machine operation as well as other duties as assigned.
• Offer creative and technical ideas & solutions to Directors, Producers, Engineers and Management to help to create new workflows.
• Collaborate with Graphics department and others.
• Identify and communicate with management any goals or training needs to ensure constant growth and progression in skillset.
• Keep up-to-date on industry advancements and new technology.
• Document all on/off air & equipment discrepancies.
• Attend and contribute to production or project meetings – as participant or leader.
• Serve as a technical lead and assist the technical crew during the show to ensure they are performing their job(s) up to acceptable standards.
• General peer to peer training support to those new to department.
• 4 years switching live newscasts.
• Have working knowledge of all aspects of television production equipment.
• Experience on Grass Valley & Sony Switchers
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7ovx-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.