The Director of Program & Content Research is responsible for leading a team that works closely with program and content development & strategy teams, providing ongoing, relevant insights on CNN and CNN+ content through custom analytics, primary research and timely reporting.
• Partner with program and content development teams on primary tests and content analysis; including pilot & episode testing, content optimization, & end of season post-mortems.
• Work with the CNN Program and Content Strategy team to assess and recommend program schedules for linear CNN. Partner with the CNN+ content strategy team on programming, windowing and drop strategies.
• Maintain and build relationships with key stakeholders/business partners across program/content development, content strategy, product, data science and marketing teams
• Regularly assess competitive landscape on linear and streaming platforms and proactively recommend opportunities to linear and direct-to-consumer content strategy and development teams
• Lead a team that maintains and produces all talent research, including regular quarterly reports and ad-hoc analysis.
• Work to further evolve current linear original series and films dashboard reporting & partner with the Research & Analytics data science team to implement direct-to-consumer consumption dashboards.
• Maximize the use of first-party, Nielsen and other syndicated data to create a well-rounded analysis of CNN+ and competitive content and audiences
• Manage a team and responsible for people activities such as recruitment, performance, development and building a diverse high performing culture.
• 10+ years of research experience at a linear network, streaming service or audience measurement company preferred
• 3 + years leading a research team that develops and presents primary and analytic content analysis
• Proven track record managing primary research projects from start to finish, including surveys, focus groups, qualboards, etc.
• Multiple years maintaining successful partnerships with content development teams and schedulers
• Demonstrated experience regularly communicating and partnering with content development and strategy executive and teams, along with anticipating their needs.
• Proven experience of successful collaborations with other research and data science teams
• Demonstrated experience developing automated reporting with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Excel is required
• Operational knowledge of Nielsen software and data is required
• Knowledge and experience with SVOD, On Demand Essentials, Epoll and internal first-party content consumption data a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of the content creation business and the non-fiction landscape
• College degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwkkm-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.