The Director, Advanced Modeling and Experimentation Analysis will be part of CNN Digital's Audience Development team, enabling and supporting cross-functional product teams in identifying user problems and ﬁnding the best solutions through advanced modeling and experimentation.
• Leads and grows a team that performs exploratory analysis to identify user problems and opportunities, validate, size, and assess proposed solutions' expected impact.
• Perform experiment design analysis to identify target user segments and sampling approach, duration, metrics, KPIs, baselines, and success criteria.
• Perform experiment results analysis, applying statistical signiﬁcance calculations to metrics and KPIs, SRM calculation, conﬁdence intervals, extrapolating results to assess the business's impact, and predicting the persistence of user behavior changes.
• Deﬁne and design tests that will give CNN Digital cross-functional teams insights into targeting future audiences and provide insights into improving and optimizing CNN Digital products.
• Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide product teams' actions.
• Provide technical mentorship for teammates and cross- functional team partners.
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Business Analytics, or other quantitative ﬁelds. (If BS with ﬁve or more years of experience in relevant ﬁelds).
• 10+ years of progressively related experience.
• 5+ years of managerial experience, building and growing teams in product analytics environments.
• Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, and analytics.
• Experience in experimental design and analysis. Proﬁciency in Python, R, and SQL.
• Experience building data science/statistical models (Multivariate regression, Muti-armed bandits, Time Series Model, XGBoost, causal inference, etc.)
• Experience in forecasting models and algorithms such as ARIMA and prophet models.
• Experience with leading AB testing tools, such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Optimize, SiteSpect, Conductrics, AB Tasty, etc.
• Familiarity with Client-Side and Server-Side testing approaches.
• Experience with cloud storage platforms such as AWS, Databricks, Snowﬂake, Snowplow, DBT.
• Familiar with Business Intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau, Domo, or similar.
• Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, e.g., Omniture, Mixpanel, Amplitude.
• Experience in customizing optimization algorithms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roeow6-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.