Digital Director Software Engineering, VXP
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a CNN Digital Staff Software Engineer-Audio for the CNN.com department.
You will be joining a cross functional team responsible for supporting all-things-audio for CNN Digital, which includes development, oversight, and coordination of our audio workflows, playback and data. We are looking for an audio expert that can help us drive the evolution of our ecosystem and who is familiar with industry's current state - someone who can be ready to get hands-on the first day. Our team is responsible for:
• Ensuring the highest technical quality, lighting-fast performance, and an engaging experience across all CNN Digital properties.
• Delivering audio players that provide the best experience to our users, considering the form factor, device and network connectivity.
• Creating and maintaining audio workflows and data tools that support an efficient and authoritative delivery of audio assets and metadata.
• Maintaining and leading an audio product roadmap across all product lines.
Set organization-wide experience and technical audio standards.
• Support our product teams to integrate audio into their end products.
• Coordinate across the organization teams involved in the audio delivery chain, including Editorial, Production, Ads, Product, Design, and Technology.
• Serve as subject-matter resource for current and future state and trends in the digital audio landscape.
• Support and optimize audio workflow tooling for publishing, metadata, encoding and delivery for live and on demand.
• Develop APIs to provide audio metadata to support content management systems, analytics, and client-side players.
• Implement monitoring tools and dashboards for audio and workflow infrastructure.
• Consult with larger product and technology organization for the implementation and evolution of audio solutions at scale.
• Full-stack web engineer with a focus on backend systems.
• 8+ years of experience working on programming in NodeJS.
• Experience with design and development of backend APIs using REST and GraphQL
• Experience with backend programing in NodeJS and with NoSQL databases.
• Experience working on audio back-end data and workflow applications.
• Experience with CDN and Cloud Services, e.g. AWS, Omny, Triton Digital
• Interest and understanding in the full delivery cycle of audio - production, packaging, and distribution
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
• Advanced Computer Science degree or comparable experience.