Digital OTT Engineer, Video Experiences & Platforms
New York, NY
Turner Services Inc. seeks a CNN Digital OTT Engineer, Video Experiences & Platforms for the CNN.com department.
You will be joining a horizontal and cross functional team responsible for supporting all-things-video for CNN Digital, which includes the evolution of our video workflows, management of our playback infrastructure, and development of new, video-ledexperiences for our digital audience. We are looking for a video expert that can help us drive the evolution of our ecosystem and who is familiar with industry's current state - someone who can be ready to get hands-on the first day.
• Creating a platform through which our audience can engage with our best-in-class video content.
• Delivering video players that provide the best experience to our users, considering the form factor, device and network connectivity.
• Creating and maintaining video workflows and data tools that support an efficient and authoritative delivery of video assets and metadata.
• Ensuring the highest technical quality, lighting-fast performance, and an engaging experience across all CNN Digital properties
• Maintaining and leading a video product roadmap across all product lines.
• Set organization-wide experience and technical video standards.
• Partner with our product teams to integrate video into their end products.
• Coordinate across the organization teams involved in the video delivery chain, including Editorial, Production, Ads, Product, Design, and Technology.
• Serve as subject-matter resource for current and future state and trends in the digital video landscape.
• Collaborate with product and design leads to craft experiences that help our users find the video content they want, when they want it, in the format they prefer.
• Support multiple OTT platforms (tvOS, FireTV, Roku) to rapidly iterate on our end-user experience.
• Leverage existing design systems, and test variants using A/B testing tools.
• Share your knowledge of the latest in platform technologies to push the boundaries of what we can provide our users.
• Design and implement strategies to encourage our audience to more deeply engage with short-form, long-form, and live content across our platforms
• 1+ years of experience building applications for FireTV, tvOS, and Roku, with at least 3 years of experience on a dedicated platform.
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Github, continuous integration, and automated testing.
• Interest and understanding in the full delivery cycle of video - encoding, packaging, and distribution
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
• Advanced Computer Science degree or comparable experience.
• 401k with Company Matching
• Generous allocation of Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, discounts, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands