Date: July 2021
Intelligences & Analytics Manger
Direct Reports: n.a.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Summary of the role – main purpose for the existence of the role
The Data Analyst role sits within the Intelligence & Analytics pillar of the CNNIC Audiences & Data team. The CNNIC Audiences & Data team sits at the heart of the CNNIC business ensuring that data-driven insights underpin our decision making, campaign performance as well as the commercial strategy of CNN International.
The core purpose of the Intelligence and Analytics team is to bridge the gap between our data & analytics service offering and ad sales strategy & digital operations specialties of CNNIC. Delivering on our Audience & Data vision requires:
Putting data at the heart of the conversation focused on the measures that matter; so we are not arguing over opinions or gut feel.
Organising ourselves for success through consistency, centralisation and collaboration to turn insights into change & action Creating a data discipline that allows us to be better, smarter and more efficient with what we do with data & insights
The data analyst is responsible for supporting the application of analytics & insights into the CNNIC business and teams. The role requires the candidates to develop and build analytical models and approaches to underpin our strategy and vision. The role requires the candidate to work in close partnership with several teams including CNN audience insights team, revenue strategy, strategic planning, operations teams as well as wider WarnerMedia Business Intelligence teams.
Areas of Responsibility
Key elements and required results of the role.
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in how to implement best in web analytics tagging, digital reporting and data analysis to drive and improve business results:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Support the Intelligence and Analytics manager by turning insights from our data platforms into actionable insights and recommendations
• Contribute to the development of analytical approaches and methodologies to solve specific business questions using a varying set of data sources including digital
• Be the day-to-day facilitator and contact to develop and enhance our analytics solutions and models that underpin our sales and revenue business
• Deliver analytical projects end-to-end within minimal supervision
• Work with the Intelligence & Analytics manager to determine the best means of communicating digital trends, digital analysis and analytical insights to clients to ensure more pro-active data led conversations (internally & externally)
Specific Tasks Include:
Creation of the CNNIC Data Platform
Support the design and build of automated reports and dashboards across various data sources to address key business questions, with the support of Audience Insights, Product Innovation and Turner DV&I teams. Analyse which reporting elements and data sources can be centralised and what operational processes are required.
Analytical Model & Framework Development
Build the agreed upon analytics projects including but not limited to, audience forecast using regression analysis, segmentation, recommendation and optimisation solution and campaign planning/effectiveness from start to finish.
Interpret and manipulate large volumes of data to provide actionable insights to the business in a user-friendly way. This will require understanding the business needs, the data structure of the various inputs to determine the most relevant output – from PowerPoint to Excel to PowerBI to Looker. Provide regular analytics reporting and ad hoc data analysis to sales and strategy teams. Advise and support strategic planning on day to day management of a wide range of business analysis and operational management requests.
Strategic projects & ad-hoc project management
Identify areas of improvement for audiences & data output and information needs. Work on every stage of the digital & data process from project inception through to the analysis and presentation of digital insights data to internal and external clients. Play proactive role within the London based digital analytics team and liaise with international audience & data departments to disseminate and educate internal and external clients on the CNN audience
• 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or statistical role, using statistical methods, software packages and programming languages, preferably within media
• 2+ years of ETL pipeline development experience
• Experience integrating data from multiple sources into coherent datasets, starting from configuring data sources to integrating analytical tools for business use
• Experience with data visualisation tools to create reports and dashboards (Looker, Power BI or similar)
• Strong attention to detail, able to quality check their own work for anomalies/mistakes prior to delivery of work to stakeholders
• Comfortable working in an unstructured environment, navigating ambiguity, and bringing clarity and structure to their work
• Able to manage multiple concurrent projects independently, meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and with a high standard of quality
• Hands-on ''can do'' approach, with willingness to learn and adapt quickly
• Demonstrate collaborative team building skills, able to work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrate problem solving skills, and ability to find practical business insights from large and complex data sets
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, able to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills – with advanced skills such as VBA a plus
• SQL proficiency, including building and maintaining large data sets and pipelines
• Experience with languages like R and Python for automation
• Experience in web analytics, on-line marketing performance measurement and optimisation, digital metrics and analytics, media campaign optimisation
• Knowledge of media measurement tools (ComScore, Nielsen, GWI, IPSOS or Quantcast), consumer research and media effectiveness studies
• A fully rounded knowledge of digital media buying and delivery (process, tagging, latest developments, formats and tools).
• Good understanding of quantitative & qualitative research methodologies
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d895yk-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.