New York, NY
Creative Director (CNN)
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We are taking an agile, data-informed approach to build products and develop content that sparks connections, fulfills utility, and builds community. This team is building the tools, technology and content to enable CNN to expand our direct relationship with our users through expanding our existing offerings. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will continue to put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
We seek individuals who have a combination of online consumer product expertise, data literacy, content development and a growth mindset. We also seek individuals who value collaboration and can align team members to increase our speed and scale. Finally, we seek individuals who share our passion for building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that put CNN's talent and expertise directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
WarnerMedia seeks a Creative Director for the CNNPlus VOD Content department.
As a Creative Director, you are a leader in the world-class CNN Content development team, which is responsible for creating content for next-generation products. CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to achieve user delight. The Creative Director, is an experienced visual design leader and storyteller who collaborates with artists, designers, producers, and directors to create show branding, graphics packages, and animated storytelling content that shares reliable and trusted news and information delivered directly in the hands of our audience.
• Empower and mentor designers, artists, and art directors, foster a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
• Work with the Executive Creative Director to define and execute the holistic look and consistency of motion graphic storytelling and visual branding, including show packages and identities for both live and VOD, scenic design, and animated explainers, data visualizations and infographics
• Operate in a control room setting with directors and producers to shape the look and feel of our live shows and pilots in real-time
• Lead the implementation and evolution of the CNN visual brand strategy, working closely with the ECD and VP of Product Design to ensure alignment, timing, process, and application of all creative elements
• Oversee the motion graphics team and provide the day-to-day design, art direction, and operations management ( Manage art direction, design, and production of projects and lead the development of the conceptual and stylistic guidelines for a given project)
• Collaborate with the broadcast design team to execute show branding in scenic and live on screen elements
• Responsible for building and recruiting for a new design team, leading and managing staff, overseeing a team of art directors and senior designers; handle people management aspects including managing performance and development. Mentors and provides guidance to team
• 10+ years related work experience leading creative for video and broadcast design
• Experience working knowledge of video, animation, and interactive software, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Cinema 4D
• Experience working knowledge of live graphic workflows, including VizRT and vMix
• Direct working experience in a live control room setting and managing visual workflows in real time
• Experience building, recruiting for, and maintaining a talent pipeline for a growing design team
• Exceptional track record to empower and manage team of designers, to help them grow and succeed.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbepo-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.