Head Of Events
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role supports the Head of Ad Sales and the CNN Communications team that is based in Hong Kong to protect and promote the CNN brand in APAC. A successful candidate would have expertise in the Korea and/or Japan markets.
This is a single-contributor role based in Singapore.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Develop and execute a comprehensive PR strategy for CNN International with a focus on Korea and/or Japan
• Increase the profiling of key CNNIC executives through interviews and speaking events in Korea and/or Japan
• Increase the profile of APAC talent, particularly the Seoul and/or Tokyo bureau correspondent through media interviews and speaking events
• Support CNNIC Sales and marketing team requests
• Content creation: particularly drafting press releases and PR plans
• Plan and organize media engagements and industry events – working with Editorial and Commercial teams
• Degree holder in Journalism, Public Relations or related disciplines
• At least 2 years experience in Public Relations or Corporate Communications: in-house PR department and/or PR agency.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English as well as Korean and/or Japanese
• Hands-on knowledge in media relations, press events and PR support for marketing campaigns.
• Able to work independently and under pressure
• Outgoing, presentable with good interpersonal and communication skills
• A great team player who can work with teams across regions
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excels at research and developing impactful insights and PR recommendations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Excel, MS Word, and Power-Point