The BIT Post Production Engineer will provide tier 2 support for media creation stations as part of CNN's digital production workflow, including post production and advanced computer graphics activities. You will collaborate with the tier 2 and tier 3 team members to help support, develop, design, test, implement and document systems and workflows for the Post Technology Infrastructure. You will also participate on large and small project development and implementation.
The Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance and installation in a fast-paced production environment.
A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
Production Technology teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing first class support to our partners across the broadcast and post production facilities including evening live event coverage, after hours on-call support and occasional travels.
• Provide hands-on technical support and resolution to all incidents and tasks for CNN News, Digital, Sports, and Graphics systems and workflows including all attached peripherals and applications.
• Review tickets for accurate resolution notes, adding or updating information as needed.
• Create knowledge articles in ServiceNow for Tier 1 reference.
• Execute project tasks under the direction of a more senior engineer.
• Effective collaboration with team members to help evaluate and test system hardware and software and to create standard operating procedures.
• Effective communication with partners for feedback, updates and information gathering.
• Participate in or provide peer training on systems and workflows.
• Deploy standard patches and upgrades. Assist in performing system maintenance and deployments.
• Training on technologies our team supports and implements in order to provide the best possible support for our customers and to assist with projects as needed.
• Be the subject matter expert in at least one area of technology we support
• Willingness to understand and learn our users workflows to the extent needed for technical troubleshooting
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline;
• 3+ years of experience in a Broadcast, IT or similar environment.
• Some knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Adobe products primarily in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and other applications including Viz, Resolve, and Cinema4D.
• Experience supporting Mac and Windows environments, including software deployment tools such as JAMF or LANDesk.
• Experience with file-based workflows, compression methods and understanding of Media and Project asset management concepts and architecture are a big plus but not a requirement.
• Skills in systems and storage configuration and administration with SAN, NAS, Gateways and Archive technologies. Particularly in Quantum StorNext File System, Opendrives, Quantum DLC, Microsoft and Linux gateways, and render farms are a plus but not a requirement.
• JAMF Certification (at least JAMF 200)
• Experience in project management and strong understanding of Post Production technical workflows.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpo1n-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.