CNN is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who will be instrumental in fostering a culture of data informed decision-making. This individual should be self-motivated, work well independently and as part of a team, and be passionate about what he or she does. The BI Analyst will create analytic solutions, onboard new data sets and breakdown and organize data to deliver business insights to help drive our business forward.
• Evaluate existing and develop new metrics, reports, and dashboards for internal stakeholder audiences; apply both quantitative disciplines and creativity to translate data into actionable insights through data visualization
• Run daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc reporting to help better inform business stakeholder decision making, proactively follow up with appropriate teams when data is outside of established thresholds, make recommendations based on business insights.
• Define and validate data by working with business partners to ensure data quality and alignment with enterprise data security, governance and best-practices.
• Work with internal and external data partners to process, organize, and connect various data sources, ranging from 1st-party data sets to 3rd-party partner data.
• Develop a deep understanding of the data and the ability to determine the difference between actual performance issues and data integrity errors.
• 2-3 years of related experience.
• Experience in data/analytics or related field
• Advanced Excel
• Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Domo, Tableau, etc.)
• Familiarity with SQL, Python, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Redshift, etc.), database, table design, joins, data aggregation, data validation, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with providing data requirements while working with structured and unstructured data sets
Key Contributors to Success
• Effective communicator and collaborator
• Strong data visualization skills
• Intermediate statistical knowledge
• Logical thinker who is able to identify, articulate, and resolve data related issues
• A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
• BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
• Experience with digital media data, either web or mobile
• Experience with writing Python and R scripts
• Experience with data integration or ETL processing related projects
• Experience with using Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Parquet, or other Big Data storing/processing/computing systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm89x-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.