CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
A CNN Audio Operator is an essential member of the production team. You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events. The primary production is within a studio environment but remote production is possible.
• The set-up, operation and skillful mixing for a variety of live and pre-produced productions
• Quality assurance for all audio sources and related components
• Creative influence to enhance the production value with selection of music and/or other effects
• Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders
• Advanced preparation including reviewing rundowns, equipment selection, mics and overall audio plan
• Documentation and overall management of audio board show files and related elements
You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time. Knowledge of digital audio consoles, playback devices and intercom systems is needed. Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a studio team. Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
Minimum experience requirements include:
• 1 to 3 years Industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre/post production
• Candidate should have awareness of a variety of audio boards with control room or field production/event experience
• Proficient with audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. Enco, AZ Edit, Evertz routers)
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn85bk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.