Broadcast Systems BIT Engineer
WarnerMedia seeks an Audio SWAT for the Atl Tech Ops CNNI AUD/TPM department. The CNN SWAT Audio Designer (SWAT A1) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team that is well versed in the art of audio mixing and thrives in the fast paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events.
What sets the position apart, is the CNN SWAT Audio Designer has an adaptable skillset as well as a deeper knowledge of advanced features of all the control room audio consoles which allows them to train new Audio Designers (A1s) and cover any schedule across all CNN News Group network platforms.
• Handle the demands of a fast pace and changing news environment.
• Demonstrate ability to operate independently through proven leadership skills.
• Develop, test and document processes, workflows, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• You are a subject matter expert (SME) of the audio technology and workflows
• Collaborate with the management team with involvement in projects and network initiatives.
• Serve as a mentor and trainer to Audio Designers.
• Creative influence to enhance the viewer experience of our productions.
• Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders.
• Assists Audio Supervisor in evaluating and implementing new workflows and procedures.
• Must be flexible and willing to work in a 24/7 environment (holidays, weekends, and overnights).
• Preferred 5+ years' experience mixing in a live broadcast news environment and/or significant industry experience as an audio engineer for live sound and/or post-production.
• Candidate should have knowledge of a variety of mixing consoles, RF management, acoustics, microphones, IEMs, editing software, etc.
• Advanced skills with broadcast audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. ENCO, AZ Edit).
• Ability to troubleshoot and design setup of audio consoles.
• Live broadcast remotes and production truck experience is a plus.
• Four-year degree or equivalent education from accredited university/college or demonstrated experience in the audio field.
• Must have strong leadership, communication, organizational and relationship skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkky60-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.