Director, Social Media
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
The VP, Creative Director will be responsible for determining the overall CNBC brand look and feel across its global footprint and content platforms. They will provide creative and strategic leadership to a team of broadcast, digital and print designers. They will be responsible the development of promotional campaigns, helping to drive the voice, look and attitude of the brand and maintain a consistent brand identity.
The successful candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, inspiring leadership skills, passion for developing best-in-class work, a collaborative style and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry. While independent-minded and highly self-motivated, they must play nice with others and foster a "team-first" environment.
We're seeking a leader who can represent the brand and department across the organization, as well as the broader NBCU/Comcast portfolio. We want a brilliant and strategic creative leader, who is not afraid of being a doer, and who has the capacity and the desire to grow further.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee development and execution of all television, print, digital and motion design marketing projects, ensuring all goals are met and creative quality meets a high standard.
• Develop and maintain a brand bible that clearly outlines standards and use cases for CNBC across its portfolio.
• Collaborate with peers (VP, Marketing; VP, Creative Services; VP, Media) on overall campaign development, copy development and broadcast design projects.
• Oversee production and creative of photo shoots and video shoots for motion graphics.
• Work with senior members of the network teams (Marketing, Production, Programming, Press, Digital) to forecast art, design and production needs, receive assignments and overall creative feedback.
• Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all team members.
• Research new talent and resources including designers, production support and other outside creatives.
• Keep abreast of new media and current design trends
• Ensure projects meet deadlines and budgets.
• Attend and lead agency briefings.
• Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a television/cable network OR
Minimum of 10 years of design experience within a design agency with at least 3 of
those years working directly within television/cable network design.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully leading large creative teams.
• Knowledge of all aspects of video, print and digital production and post -production a
• Experience in News highly desired.
• Strong knowledge of typographical, print, and interactive design while also having a
thorough understanding of animation techniques and motion graphics.
• Experience successfully directing photographers, illustrators and collaborating with
directors, copywriters and other creative partners is essential.
• Proven ability to develop and execute strategy-driven design.
• Strong point of view on CNBC brand, and understanding of our audience across our
product portfolio (i.e., Business News, General News, Entertainment, CNBC.com,
CNBCMakeit.com, CNBC Pro, CNBC Select, etc.).
• Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision, proven ability to motivate and
inspire a team; excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to establish trust and rapport with internal
stakeholders as well as external agencies and partners.
• Proven track record of success within a fast-paced, deadline-drive, team-oriented
environment where an ability to multi-task and be highly flexible is essential.
• Bachelor's degree desired