Production Associate, Squawk On The Street
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
What you'll do:
CNBC is looking for an exceptional Technical Associate to join our Operations team. The Technical Associate will be responsible for executing a range of technical production roles for live, taped and streaming CNBC programming. This individual should possess a clear understanding of production workflows, from asset creation to studio and control room operations. The candidate should be fluent in the operation of PC-based systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who embraces new technology, innovation and creative problem-solving. This individual should have exposure to live broadcasting culture and be comfortable working in fast-paced environment.
• Perform a variety crew jobs as needed for multiple live daily programs
• Availability to work in any of our studio locations
• Direct interaction and management of high-profile talent and guests.
• Perform studio maintenance and operation including lighting, set effects, cable management, and set aesthetics.
• Operation of wireless audio equipment. Management of audio equipment including multiple microphones and IFB's, preparing talent and guests with proper audio equipment as needed.
• Familiarity with the P2 Panasonic camera. Ability to pick up the camera and shoot handheld at a moment's notice.
• Assist with other responsibilities as needed.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Capable of operating in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• 1 year of experience in a live broadcast environment
• PC literate
• Ability to work all hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel to both exchanges in NYC
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
You'll stand out if:
• BA or college-level equivalent
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• The ability to perform in a fast paced and high pressure environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player.