Demand Planning Manager
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to lead its Success coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC.com, devoted to content that helps readers get smarter about how they manage their career, money and lifestyle.
Within Make It's Success vertical, this editor will be responsible for growing entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle coverage as well as leading a team of reporters. The editor will be asked to pitch story ideas, as well as edit and copy-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable and will be a skilled manager.
What you'll do:
• Expand CNBC Make It's Success coverage, including entrepreneurship, leadership and lifestyle coverage and expand its target audience.
• Work with and manage a team of reporters to deliver the best success-focused content on the web.
• Generate story ideas, collaborate with and guide writers, and create own content when needed.
• Edit 3 to 8 stories per day.
• Collaborate with the digital video team.
What we'll offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows.
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
At least 4 years' experience as a writer and/or editor
• At least 2 years' experience managing a team
• The ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
You'll stand out if:
You have a bachelor's degree
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
• You're curious about the world, see stories ideas everywhere and can't wait to bring them back to the team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy773k-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.