PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The primary responsibility of the Social Media Producer is to help drive traffic and awareness of CNBC's digital properties for The News with Shepard Smith. This includes social publishing, working with digital reporters on big initiatives or working with designers and video producers to create compelling native content for social.
The producer is also responsible for ensuring accounts remain active with relevant content throughout the day. Working with newsroom leaders, they will develop and execute campaigns and help spread brand awareness.
The Social Producer will need to be able to monitor and report on the success of traffic-driving campaigns and be able to adjust strategies as needed.
What you'll do:
• Lead social media presence, particularly on Twitter and Instagram
• Write compelling and accurate social copy and captions
• Serve as key liaison to CNBC social and digital teams
• Work with anchors and reporters to develop social content
• Execute promotion of interviews and exclusive content
• Identify viral stories and emerging trends and know what works where and how to promote it
• Coordinate with show's editors on story ideas and social-first content
What we'll offer:
• Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
• Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
• Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
• Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and comparable work
• 2 or more years' experience working in social media or digital media
• Excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and a
• Multimedia content production skills (Photoshop and video editing)
• Experience writing for broadcast and identifying key details of stories to feature.
• Familiarity with the News with Shep Smith
• Experience creating shareable content
• Working knowledge of basic video editing
• Understanding of the digital space, especially Twitter and
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm4p9-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.