NBC Universal has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become part of the CNBC team in our World Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs.
The CNBC Real-Time Technology Development team is seeking a full-stack Software Engineer to build, manage, and support software solutions to produce CNBC's real-time graphics for live television broadcast. The function of this team is to work closely with graphic designers and 3D specialists to provide our viewers real-time market data on charts, boards, tickers, and other graphics that are crucial to reporting business and finance stories. Exciting opportunities include working to create new graphics with augmented reality technologies, interactive elements to be used by on-air talent, and robust data solutions. As a growing team, we are looking for strong communicators and skilled developers hungry to learn more and grow with us.
What you'll do:
• Develop on and maintain both Windows and Unix-based operating systems
• Collaborate with Graphics teams to structure 3D virtual scenes for scalability and performance
• Source control with Git technologies
• Project management with Agile methodologies
• Web development with HTTPS, RESTful API's, emerging frameworks like Angular and Node
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant broad engineering
• Experience with both Windows and Linux operating
• Experience with one or more Object Oriented
• Basic scripting and ability to navigate command line
• Web development experience
• Capability to debug code and triage production issues
• Graphics Tech - Shaders, Augmented Reality,
• Market Data –
• Willingness to work flexible hours and provide on-call
• Open and eager to learn in rapidly changing
environments, and quickly pivot to learn new
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code
quality that follows best practices
• Ability to communicate up and out to all levels of the
• Organizational and time management skills to manage
oneself and multitask effectively
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn82p-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.