NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
The Head of Communications and Marketing leads press, communication, marketing and partnership activities for CNBC International, ensuring the brand is positively positioned in front of both audience and trade partners and elevating its reputation as first in business and financial news.
This role is responsible for the planning and delivery of CNBC International's internal and external communications and manages the brand's marketing and media partnership portfolio. The Head of Communications and Marketing also leads the Communications and Marketing team internationally with responsibility for team management, budget management and any relevant agency and supplier relationships.
• Works closely with the President & Managing Director to define the communications and marketing strategy for our International business, with a key focus on audience growth and product.
• Oversees the development and execution of CNBC International's marketing collateral, for both owned and operated platforms as well as external platforms.
• Proactively identifies external risks, providing solutions and strategic communications advice on how to manage any reputational or operational impact to CNBC International's brand and product.
• Runs audits for CNBC International's partnerships on a periodic basis.
• Partners with CNBC International's Leadership team to ensure internal and external communications activities and marketing partnerships are maximised to their full potential.
• Champions CNBC International's DEI strategic communications, partnering closely with Leaders to drive our DEI agenda, advance priorities in all markets and partner with internal and external stakeholders on key DEI initiatives.
• Works with On-Air Talent and Executives to identify and secure interview and moderation opportunities and provides counsel to Senior Leaders in relation to communications activities.
• Oversees the development of CNBC relationships with the media, both trade and financial/consumer across EMEA and APAC.
• Collaborates with peers based in the United States to ensure global consistency of message and partners with colleagues in News & Programming, Global Ad Sales and other departments to develop and grow deep brand partnerships.
• Partners with Global Ad Sales team to ensure they are aligned and have visibility to CNBC's international product.
• Works with CNBC's International and Domestic Events team to define the communications and marketing plans for CNBC owned events.
• Oversees and lead CNBC's brand activation at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Significant professional experience in a communications/press environment.
• Proven ability to build and grow strategic brand partnerships.
• Experience in successfully managing and coaching Communications and Marketing professionals in an international environment.
• Excellent knowledge of international financial and relevant trade media environments.
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills with strong writing ability and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to navigate a complex, matrixed global organisation and develop effective working relationships with Senior Leaders.
• Capable negotiator with influencing skills, at ease with C-Suite executives and Senior Leaders.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities, balancing the strategic with the practical.
• Displays an active interest and enthusiasm for advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
• Demonstrates sound judgement and acts with discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• Creative thinker with a solutions focused approach.
• Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to travel.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznqwn-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.