The Executive Producer, Primetime will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Head of Content-Primetime and will serve as a key executive in the production, post-production and delivery of original programming and related creative elements for selected series and specials. Executive Producer, Primetime will lead a team serving as main point of contact between the key internal departments and outside producers and production companies in managing day-to-day details of production. The Executive Producer, Primetime will also work closely with the development team aiding in the early stage efforts of identifying and shaping new potential projects.
• Work with producers and production companies to maintain adherence and accountability for aspects of editorial, budgetary, and production standards as well as contractual requirements for programming.
• Provide notes on production concepts, casting, outlines and approve storylines for series.
• Understand how to evaluate budget numbers and work closely with Production Management Department.
• Supervise the production and post-production on select shows, including guiding story development, reviewing rough cuts, editorial guidance and feedback.
• Attend shoots in the studio and on location.
• Manage on-camera talent where necessary on selected shows.
• Problem-solve show issues with producers, production companies and internal partners.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in physical production at a production company, network, or in a freelance producing capacity.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally.
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, California.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
• Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary TV production and post-production including digital and social media.
• Proficiency in TV production across a broad range of content including docu-series and competitive reality shows.
• Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, with emphasis on story development, series production and strong post-production skills.
• Extensive ties to the agent, talent manager and TV and Digital production community.
• Strong relationships with independent producers and show runners.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and a track record of leadership ability.
• An independent thinker who is also a team player.
• Passion for the brand.
• Bachelor's degree.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkbw0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.