Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC's fast-growing executive memberships business, CNBC Councils, is looking for an experienced writer and editor to take our content to the next level. Reporting to the Editorial Director, Strategic Content, the ideal candidate is an expert multimedia storyteller, with passion, knowledge and experience identifying and contextualizing examples of technological innovation and digital transformation. She/He is adept at developing and delivering content to C-suite audiences with appropriate tone and a signature style.
What you'll do:
• 2-3 newsletters/week for C-suite executives from leading global corporations
• Articles for CNBC Councils special reports on CNBC.com
• Executive summaries of CNBC Councils events, white papers, etc.
• Guest commentaries submitted by C-suite members
• CNBC Councils marketing materials
• Contributing story ideas, sessions and speakers for CNBC Councils events
• Proactively pitching ideas for new content, including articles and tv segments, new franchises and content types, videos and podcasts
• Partnering with engagement manager to integrate stories and perspectives from member executives and companies to support community engagement
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience writing & editing in business, technology and/or finance verticals
• Exceptional journalism and reporting skills
• Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment managing multiple deadlines and projects
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
You'll stand out if:
• Comfort planning and/or moderating events such as roundtables
• Ability to set editorial priorities
• Management experience, such as oversight of writers or editors, coordination of schedules or publications, etc.
• Basic understanding of television production