Executive Director, Financial Contracting, Reporting & Analysis
Sherman Oaks, CA
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work from home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after the first of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, this position will be based in Los Angeles, and the incumbent will be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The management team at Cinedigm requires a versatile and high-performing individual to help drive and support the company's growth through the successful execution of its M&A strategy. This position provides a unique opportunity for a high-performing, analytically inclined individual to apply and build their skills in a dynamic and entrepreneurial operating environment at the cutting edge of media & entertainment. The individual will have the opportunity to work across multiple functional areas in the company to drive the company's strategic direction and interact daily with management and important external partners.
The role will provide deep exposure to all facets of the deal process (valuation, diligence, financial structuring, and integration) as Cinedigm executes on our strategy.
• Provide data analysis to support planning and executing transactions, partnerships, and strategic growth initiatives
• Display high proficiency and expertise working with large data sets in Excel
• Build detailed financial models
• Support strategic planning and analysis initiatives (Competitive intel, market sizing, etc.)
• Oversee the diligence and transaction processes, including setting and overseeing meetings with target company management and external advisors (bankers, lawyers, and accountants)
• Work closely with management in the development and execution of M&A diligence and integration playbooks, and oversee the internal management of
• Develop and present memoranda, presentations, and detailed financial analyses for presentation to management, the Cinedigm board of directors, and external investors & financiers
• Effectively communicate the findings, value, and impact of various financial and strategic analyses to management and the Cinedigm board of directors
• Entrepreneurial with a self-starter mentality
• Persistent and adept in using KPIs to measure performance to desired outcomes
• Patience and ability to excel under pressure, handling many simultaneous projects with tight deadlines
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Quick learner adept at self-management
• Extensive experience working with raw data sets with Microsoft Excel
• The ability to present and communicate work to senior management effectively
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Solution-driven and flexible in their interpersonal style
• 4-5 years of work experience, ideally in investment banking, management consulting or the corporate finance/development/strategy division of a well-regarded media company
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Familiarity with Pitchbook or similar BI platforms
• Familiarity with Midaxo or similar M&A project software a plus
• Prior experience in TMT or digital media
• Undergraduate degree from top-tier institution; MBA a plus
• CFA or similar certifications a plus
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.