Executive Director, Financial Contracting, Reporting & Analysis
Sherman Oaks, CA
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work from home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after the first of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, this position will be based in Los Angeles, and the incumbent will be required to work from the office on a part or fulltime basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
Cinedigm is searching for a Senior Accountant Analyst to join our fast-paced and exciting company. The ideal candidate will be an organized, self-starter, with 4+ years of general accounting experience, a team player with a 'can-do' attitude, and a willingness to do what is needed to help achieve company and departmental goals. The position will report to the Executive Director of Accounting and will interact directly with executives of the company.
• Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
• Work cross-functionally, collaborating with teams across the company to ensure appropriate revenue recognition, accrual and amortization of expenses, project implementation and process improvements.
• Perform multiple account analysis and complex reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Compile and reconcile different sources of data to calculate and recognize different lines of revenue.
• Independently identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
• Escalate issues and present recommendations to management.
• Support variance analysis and other ad-hoc financial reports as needed.
• Active involvement in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process.
• Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
• Assist with the implementation of financial systems, controls, policies and procedures to support the rapid growth and expansion of the company.
• Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for cost savings.
• Interact with accounting management regarding corporate financial matters.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with intermediate-level experience using the other applications within the MS Office Suite.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP.
• Experience with the creation of journal entries, revenue recognition and account reconciliations.
• Experience with Great Plains or a similar ERP application.
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills, experience managing teams and projects.
• Must be able to multi-task; be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Great interpersonal skills - maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of progressive general accounting experience and/or CPA preferred.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.