- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work from home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after the first of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, this position will be based in Los Angeles, and the incumbent will be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Assistant Corporate Controller will manage all financial and accounting functions across the entire business. This position will provide hands-on oversight of operations of the accounting department while managing corporate accounting, financial reporting, audit and tax preparation, SEC reporting, equity and share-based compensation. In addition, this role is responsible for the continual assessment and optimization of systems, internal control policies and procedures to create a best practices organization.
• Responsible for: technical and operational accounting, treasury, payroll, SOX 404 internal controls and compliance, equity management, share-based compensation administration, audit management, tax preparation, and SEC reporting.
• Identify and implement opportunities to tighten the monthly and quarterly close and reporting process.
• Manage the SEC reporting cycle, including the 10-Q and 10-K filings, etc. including the preparation of tables, analysis, and rollforwards leveraged to prepare the filing or presented within the SEC filing.
• Oversee all accounting operations, including, A/R, A/P, GL, and Revenue Recognition.
• Evaluate companywide material contracts and amendment to ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Draft technical accounting memorandums and whitepapers to address the Company's position with respect to new and emerging guidance.
• Perform significance test for unusual and non-standard material transactions for SEC disclosure purposes.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, financial forecasts.
• Support external tax preparer to ensure compliance with all tax filing requirements.
• Continuously evaluate all operational and financial accounting policies, practices, and systems and make recommendations for improvements.
• Support the Company in conducting quarterly self-assessments and periodic tests and ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require reporting under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analysis of all corporate accounts, assist in determining guidance for variance analysis within the lines of business.
• Serve as point for the external auditors for the annual audit and quarterly review.
• Evaluate all aspects of accounting and reporting to establish a Center of Excellence working closely with the Corporate Controller and SVP Finance & Accounting.
• Special projects as necessary.
• 10+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting preferred.
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
• Active CPA license required.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems.
• Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Adept at cross-functional collaboration.
• Experience working for a publicly-traded company in the media and entertainment industry.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.