Los Angeles, CA
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after Q3 of calendar year 2021 . When we return to an office environment, the incumbent may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Accounting Manager will focus on corporate accounting, operations, and management reporting. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions. The successful candidate must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively.
• Responsible for the review of daily cash transactions and posting activity, cash reconciliations, accounts receivable and payables, general ledger accounting and the monthly consolidation.
• Participate in monthly management accounting responsibilities and analysis of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Maintain key sub-ledgers, perform account reconciliations, roll forwards, and variance analysis.
• Prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Assist with consolidation process, including intercompany transactions, intercompany account reconciliations and the elimination process.
• Assist in maintaining and enhancing financial systems, including the general ledger and consolidations system.
• Create and maintain technical and operational accounting policies.
• Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly management reporting.
• Work closely with the external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews.
• Perform certain key internal control processes.
• Special projects as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar required
• CPA required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, preferably 2 or more years public accounting.
• Experience publicly held media and entertainment companies preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, account analysis, and management reporting.
• Excellent understanding of business operations and accounting in order to initiate and lead process improvements and documentation of standard operating procedures.
• Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve.
• Must be a team player with strong work ethic.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.