NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work from home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after the first of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, this position will be based in Los Angeles, and the incumbent will be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Director, Accounting will be a hands-on collaborative leader and mentor to the accounting and royalties team in all processes including statements, audits, and month/quarter/year-end reviews. The position requires a roll-up your sleeves approach to setting and achieving deadlines and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Hands-on management of CEG: general ledger and operational accounting and reporting, cash management and operational cash forecasting, SOX controls and compliance, royalties, distribution reporting, tax compliance, and regulatory requirements.
• Review and approve all sales, cash and intercompany postings, bank and account reconciliations, and all journal entries completed by staff.
• Responsible for Accounts Receivable including the ongoing assessment of the adequacy of the reserve. Ensure timeliness of turnover and flag reasons for delinquency with a plan to remediate.
• Ensure compliance with SOX and update policies upon a change in business practice or annually at minimum.
• Remain current on new and emerging US GAAP guidance which may impact the business: collaborate with management, perform assessment and prepare whitepapers as necessary to support the Company's position.
• Review the CEG revenue recognition policy quarterly: update for changes in guidance, lines of business, or business practices as necessary.
• Assist with SEC reporting.
• Support the quarterly review and annual audit process working with our external auditors and serving as lead on CEG accounting, reporting, compliance, and tax matters.
• Work with distributors of physical products on reporting, accounting, processing, and any financially impactful issues.
• Generate and compile royalty reports for Cinedigm specific streaming channels for the team to prepare quarterly statements.
• Analyze and record (un)recoupment and impairments of Licensors' advances and receivables on a quarterly basis.
• Partner in the oversight, development, and mentorship of the royalties team to ensure best practices for royalty statement preparation, review, and maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
• Review and approve monthly 1042 deposits for foreign withholding taxes as well as annual tax filing with IRS.
• Prepare quarterly/annual CR-Q reporting and payments for the NY office.
• Provide semi-monthly documentations for current Borrowing Base with the bank and answer any internal inquiries that arise.
• Continuously assess opportunities for automation, systems enhancement, and configuration optimization.
• Drive best practices working with the VP Controller and the SVP Finance and Accounting.
• Special Projects as necessary.
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or similar preferred.
• CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• Big Four Accounting experience a plus.
• Experience with Royalty processing and reporting including interpretation of Licensors contracts.
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. complex formulas, macros, V and H lookups, pivot tables, and the utilization of various combinations).
• Excellent communication skills across the organization as well as external parties,
• Adept at cross-functional collaboration.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• 7-10 years in Accounting, with 5-8 years in Royalties both in supervisory/managerial role is a plus.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.